Wage Hour Litigation

Wage & Hour Litigation Attorneys in Washington, D.C.

Help for Unpaid Wages in D.C. & Chicago, IL

At Clark Law Group, we understand when an employer is knowingly cheating its employees. We also know the law and which steps to take to rectify the situation. 

We can help if:

  • Your employer is not reporting your hours, hourly pay, and deductions on your pay stub
  • Your employer does not follow the law when it comes to work duties and break time (for example, requiring workers to work before they punch in, over their lunch break, or after they punch out)
  • Your employer does not pay you time and a half for any hours over 40 hours in a week that you work (depending on the type of work you do)
  • Your employer is not paying you at your agreed-on wage rate or salary
  • Your employer is not paying you an owed commission or bonus

How to Report Unpaid Wages

Before filing a lawsuit, you must first submit a claim through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division (WHD) so that they can investigate your claim. They will decide if your claim is valid. If it is, they will submit a legal order that requires your employer to pay the wages that you are owed. All employees, even if you are not a documented or legal employee, may submit a complaint. All services through the WHD are free and confidential. In Addition, your employer may not retaliate or terminate you for filing a complaint.

If filing a claim does not work, then contact a Washington, D.C. wage & hour lawyer near you at Clark Law Group to learn more about your available options. At Clark Law Group our wage & hour attorneys in Washington, D.C. have advocated for the rights of employees since 2007. As a hardworking employee, you deserve to be treated with respect and paid for the hours that you have put in. No matter how big or small your wage & hour matter is, our employment lawyers are ready to advise you and take legal action. Deal (202) 831-8190 to speak with a Washington, D.C. wage & hour attorney today.

What to Include on a Wage & Hour Complaint to the WHD

If you were unpaid wages, you must report them to the Wage and Hour Division (WHD) of the U.S. Department of Labor. Complaints are confidential and your name and details of your complaint will not be disclosed -- the only time your identity will be revealed (with your permission) is if it is necessary to pursue an allegation.

Information to include on a wage & hour complaint:

  • Name, address, phone number
  • Name, address, and phone number of your employer
  • Names of your managers or owners of the company
  • Your type of work
  • How and when you were paid
  • Copies of paystubs, personal records of your worked hours, or other evidence that shows how your employer pays employees, etc.

Call a Washington, D.C. Wage & Hour Lawyer

No matter what type of job you have — in a restaurant, construction, landscaping, banking, or retail — the team at Clark Law Group is here to help. We serve workers of all types throughout the Washington, D.C., area, including union and federal workers.

Case Results


    2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 88659 (D.D.C. July 8, 2016) Holding that the D.C. Wage Payment Collection Law protects employees of DC employer who are dispatched outside of DC to telework from home.


    462 Fed.Appx. 385 (4th Cir. 2012) Holding that an employee’s intracompany complaint may constitute protected activity within meaning of FLSA’s anti-retaliation provision.


    1601-0007-18 (D.C. Office of Employee Appeals, July 18, 2019) Denying OSSE’s petition to review the AJ’s ruling that OSSE did not have requisite cause to remove the complainant employee from her employment.


    324 F.Supp.3d 164 (D.D.C. 2018) Holding that employee stated claims of disability discrimination and retaliation.


    No. PWG-17-980, 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 197713 (D. Md. Dec. 1, 2017) Holding that the employee stated a claim of sexual orientation discrimination, sex stereotyping discrimination, and retaliation.